Friday, February 24, 2012

Food Friday - No Bake Cookies

I can't believe I forgot about these wonderful easy to make cookies of my youth.  
Seemed like a perfect fit for Food Friday.  
I love this recipe because my older kids can really do it on their own and it take ingredients we always  have on hand.

No Bake Cookies 

First the kids gathered up all  the ingredients.  
They knew were everything was this time and were excited to having Baking time again with Mom.



1.  In a saucepan bring sugar, cocoa, margarine, milk, and salt.
First start with 2 cups white sugar.

3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder



1/2 cup milk

1/2 cup margarine
and 1 pinch salt

Bring to a rapid boil for 1 minute.


2.            Add quick cooking oats, peanut butter, and vanilla; mix well.


3 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

3.            Working quickly, drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper, and let cool.


YUMMY!!!!!

No comments: